This one was in Navajo country on the border of AZ & UT. I wanted D to write about their adventure - but he's far too "busy" (distracted) to help me out. So here's a synopsis from my perspective as told to me by the boys. On average they got 4 hrs of sleep per night - not so good for B - he needs his sleep. But they are all very macho! They went on splits
with the missionaries and by D's excitement telling me about it, I think he really enjoyed it. B had the realization that he doesn't much care for heights. Just like my aversion to flying: I am not scared for other people to fly for my plane is the only one that is vulnerable. B wasn't worried about everyone else on the ropes - he just thought on his turn the rope may not hold. Yuck and he didn't even have any Xanax! One canyon was full of water and yet they plowed through with slight hypothermia. 1500 feet rappells; hiking through sand carrying 80 lb back packs; freezing in the shade; baking in the sun; spiritual devotionals every morning (although I haven't got the scoop on those); only 2 injuries the first day. I missed them a lot - esp since they missed my 40th birthday. So glad they came home safe and sound.
No comments:
Post a Comment