I know, I know, I know I've traveled a ton lately. B has grounded me for awhile (I like to think he just misses me) But the little kids had a week off last week, so we decided to go see our new little buddy Christian, oh and also Taylor, Dave, Michele & the AZ family. It was a very relaxing week, sleeping in everyday. Our real reason for going was to see Obama come to AZ to talk about his mortgage stimulus plan - except that he just gave one of his typical speechs & didn't really talk about it in any detail - wait - has he talked about any of the 'stimulus plan' in detail? (I didn't really see him, I just read in their paper) Sorry, I'm losing my train of thought and getting sick to my stomach.......We went hiking in the beautiful superstition area. It was surprisingly green. We just missed a rattle snake & a couple of scorpions on the trail. We might have had to carry Lelu out if she'd known (she was behind us with Taylor & didn't hear about it until after the hike). It was fun to see Mark & Liselotte, Simone, Cutie Hayden and darling Easton. We saw Jakob and also Justin who is looking very grown up and the spitting image of Jonathon. We got some visiting time in with Peg & Jen, as well as a nail biter of a movie "Taken". I finally caught up with Brecklyn & Dalton, having missed them up here. He looks as if he's inherited the height gene! He's a tall baby. We took a fun trip to the zoo. I hadn't been to the Phoenx zoo since Aub was a baby, so I took a little walk down memory lane & then drove the kids past my 'Tempe walk down memory lane'.............. I remembered the walk to school being pretty far - it was like 5 houses and Staci Howard's (my bff) house was miles away - it was like another 6 houses. The kids just thought it was pretty boring.
We also discovered AZ is the place to find & buy a subaru. Aub flew down & picked up "Helga" - an awesome find - on Saturday and drove her back up here on Monday. I named her Helga because I bought her from Bjorn, who's from Sweden. I don't even know if Helga is a swedish name or not? I'm now looking forward to seeing Febuary go and March maybe bringing us some spring. 5 days went by really fast.



3 comments:
That sounds like fun! I have a lot of family in Mesa. I should just take off with the kids and go!
Thanks also to Michele and Dave for hosting me!
I really like the Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts. Really really.
We loved having you guys here! Taylor keeps asking when his cousins are coming "back home," and "where my Aydie go?" Can't wait to come up in May! We loved seeing Aubri, too. We miss you!
Post a Comment