I just thought the cartoon was funny................Also while in Cancun - they finally split our ward. We went from 650 to 420 people. So far it seems so much more manageable to start to recognize faces in the crowd. We also got new callings. Team teachers for the 10-11 yr olds. My first thought is "Why do they always stick me in primary?!?" I think I've had a primary calling for at least 17 years of adulthood. I do recognize how if I hadn't moved I would still be in Young Women's - but come on - Am I just typecast?? We've taught a couple weeks now & these kids are SO MUCH smarter than us. I guess I'll stay in primary until they aren't so much smarter than us?
I went to parent/teacher conferences last week for all the kids. The kids are all doing really well. D's drama teacher says he has amazing potential. Ari helps the other kids who struggle with reading. Mr. T asks deep questions & writes about how funny he thinks his dad is. Lelu was voted onto a committe to help stop gossip & bullying. She's nice to everyone. I did however embarass her because I asked the teachers if they had any recommendations for a mystery for her to read for her book report that wasn't scary in any way. Even Nancy Drew gives nightmares and then I told them I have to turn down the TV when watching Lost, Heroes or Medium because even the music gives her nightmares. She was none too happy with me, because one of her teachers is a big tease. My kids are so different - Aub LOVED Goosebumps in the 3rd grade. I can't see Lelu loving anything like that EVER! As long as she never likes rap.....
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing! My twins are afraid of everything. I wouldn't even dare have the T.V. on with them in earshot unless it was Disney Channel.
Hi, this is carrisa (n case you are wondering) :-)
I can relate to Lulu! In Washington, mom used to watch Mystery Theater and just hearing the music from my room would freak me out. I also disliked the idea of ghosts and was certain the trolls from the movie "Willow" were gonna get me someday. To this day I can't watch horror movies also.
Post a Comment