
This being only the second year that we've gone to Lake Powell, we learned a ton. This year, I brought enough sun screen and cover-ups and B learned to handle a boat better (except forgot that his blackberry was in his pocket when he jumped in to free a rope that got caught). We are especially blessed to have friends with a houseboat that have kids our kids ages and are kind enough to invite us to go. The great thing about going down there is that no one is ever bored! The kids never once came to me and said they were bored. They pitched in for every meal and clean-up. They had constant friends to play board games when they needed a break from the sun. This year, Dave & Shel were coming to visit at the same time as we were invited to go and since there was room, they got invited too. I think they had a great time too, even with 2 little toddlers. Here's a few of the highlights:

Mr. T never stopped until he fought his eyes closing each night. There were 5 little boys who kept really busy climbing cliffs and jumping off them, tubing, digging in the dirt, swimming, canoeing, riding as fast as possible on the waverunners with whoever would take them, jumping out of boats, trying kneeboarding, wake boarding (not quite staying up yet) and occasionally the Wii (only in the hottest part of the day). He was in heaven!


Should I jump? Should I jump? Should I jump? .........
D made the decision for her.

Ari pulled lots of attitude, but wouldn't try any of the sports. The funny thing is that I'm sure she could get up on whatever she wanted. She's such a little tough gymnast.
Yay! Lelu learned to wake board! She got up every time and stayed up for a long time. She was really nervous about it too because the other kids (who are super boaters) could all do it and she didn't want to be embarrassed if she couldn't. We were so proud and I'm pretty sure she was too.


B is the super skier, that I actually never saw ski because he got up everyday and went with the early risers. Then he skippered the boat all day so everyone else could have a turn.

D surfed in the wake, body surfed, wake boarded, knee boarded, cliff jumped, super tubed and took off on the wave runner with Hannah (cute teenage daughter of friends from Nevada) and Griffin (friend he brought along). All that kid is missing is melanin to really enjoy Lake Powell. He fried the top of his feet and back of his ears. I think it's the only time he doesn't like his red headed complexion.

Dave pulled Shel and the kids on the tube with the waverunner. I'm pretty sure Dave won't have any trouble talking his boys into being a boating family in the near future. Taylor loved the speedboat with the wind in his face. Christian just went to sleep with the motion. Start them young, right?

Pretty much anyone can drive the houseboat, so each kid took a turn including Taylor. Sharon (owner of said houseboat) is usually the Pied Piper too, between she and Michele, the lizards and speedboats - I never even entertained my kids! It was awesome;)
3 comments:
We had a great time too! I love seeing the pictures. Thanks again for letting us tag along.
I can't decide which picture will be my new computer background - the boys in an arc climbing the rock, or Dad, Aydie, Nene, Dhane, Ari, and Papa.
Also - I DID NOT KNOW KRIS ALLEN COVERED FALLING SLOWLY. Thank you =]
Gosh. I love you guys.
Wow! That looks like a great trip! Very fun pics. Everyone had smiles on their faces. I need a friend with a houseboat! Hope you are all having a great summer!
Post a Comment