Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm going to FIND MY ZEN IN 2010!

That's my mantra for this year. I actually stole it from a DJ on the radio - but I like it a lot. On New Year's eve me, B and the little kids just hung out eating Cafe' Rio and working on our 2000 piece puzzle of the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany. Is it just me, or does Germany come up a lot in our lives? We listened to the fireworks outside and watched poor Dick Clark on what, in my opinion, should be his last "Rockin New Years Eve". That guy is not looking too good! D had many plans that night.

Jan, 1st 2010 I had all of us who live at home write up New Year's resolutions. I gave them 5 categories 1. Health 2. Education 3. Creative 4. Spiritual 5. Social and then B added 6. Family.
D didn't think it's a good idea to put them on my blog because some are personal. I wanted to just scan them, but I will honor his request and just list some of my favorites:


B: Creative : COMPLETE MG (seriously one of my favorites and I do realize how selfish I sound but I am dying to drive my cute little convertible around with my hair blowing in the wind and pretending I'm 17 again) Social : Date Kristin more (that's for me too!)

D: Family: Try not to take 40 minute showers and run out all the hot water.

Lelu: Creative: finish learning "Clocks" on the piano Health: Eat 10 bites of butternut squash soup (seriously torture for her)

Ari: Creative: I will draw pictures for my teacher it will be like swirls everywhere. Social: I will not brag to Sierra (she hopes she won't brag to her either!)

Mr. T: Creative: I will make a new paper airplane I have never built. Family: I will shut my closet door, open my door and yous (use) my towels again.

Me: Education: Read Bible, Book of Mormon, D&C and Pearl of Great Price. Plus 50 other books of my choice. Health: Run Moab half marathon March 20th (no walking, run the whole thing) - train well! (I ran 8 miles today! it was tough!)


Well, I'll check back in to see if we made it come 2011!

No comments: