Sunday, September 30, 2007

Big B is a Genius

What is this you are probably saying? It's my dream come true!
Last weekend my friend and I went to downtown LA and shopped for children's girl's clothes for 3 days. My friend last spring and fall has had a boutique in her home selling jewelry, purses, clothes and belts that she travels to NY and LA to purchase with a wholesale license in the fashion districts. She does this with another one of her friends. So I was talking to her and asked if she ever thought about doing kids clothes. She thought it was a great idea, since she has two little darling girls herself. Big B thought it a great idea too and I wondered why he was so agreeable. So we took off last Thursday, stayed in downtown LA right across the street from the law firm I used to work at. And I remembered flawlessly how to get around (maybe my alzheimers is at bay after all). My friend is also fluent in spanish (but blond like me) so she listened to these mostly spanish speaking sellers down there discussing prices and negotiated like a pro. After we shopped we went up to Beverly Hills to see a movie ( I sat right next to Larry King and his wife), then we went into to Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Ave. to check out the kids clothes. We were so excited because everything we bought, something extremely similar were in these stores for 6 or 7 times the price we paid. Thus why Big B is a genius - I have a whole new (miserly) perspective on shopping for my kids clothes (my biggest guilty pleasure). And my girls each got a fall/winter wardrobe for hardly anything. The rest of the stuff we'll sell at Kelly's boutique in November and make back the cost of our trip plus some X-mas money. Win-win! Big B in the meantime, kept down the fort getting kids to games, practices etc.

No comments: