
I promised a football update.....so here goes in a politically correct narrative: D has been selected and frozen by the same coach for the past 5 years. His coaching methods include intimidation and negative reinforcement, relegating a player to his 10 play minimum if he gets wind that the player's parents tried to get the player off of his team and raising his voice to an extreme volume when passing on the negative reinforcement to his players. So this was one of D"s 12 plays of the game. Which they did win, but I am a selfish parent who doesn't care who wins or loses, just how much my son likes and plays in the game - so B and myself didn't care. D was disappointed further because Grandma & Grandpa, Aunt Michelle and a cute girl named Demi came to watch him play. ( I don't think Demi had any idea how much D played, she just had a big smile on her face.) They say bless those who hurt you......so I bless and praise Coach E that what goes around, will not come back around - I'd just like to see it if it does;)
Just a small clarification: We are the parents that tried to get D switched off of his team - so the coach hardly played D, there is a 10 play minimum and D did get 12, so I guess he was generous. Usually D plays 1st string Defense & 2nd string offense - which is a whole lot more than 12 plays.
1 comment:
I totally agree with you on enjoying your son in football if he enjoys it and gets to play. Wish I could see a game of Dhane's.
Post a Comment