Thursday, February 7, 2008

D gets a little taste of 'Broadway' Playing Otto Frank for 4 days



D's theatre teacher is VERY DRAMATIC and wrote a play 10 years ago using "The Diary of Anne Frank & the book "Night". Every other year the school allows her to put on "Voices of the Holocaust", and they require all students to see it. So there were two casts - D was a Prisoner #4 in the 2nd cast & Otto Frank in the 1st cast. The kids put this on 4 times a day for 4 days. And as you can imagine - it is a very heavy subject matter. He was very happy to get it over with and start working on the end of the year play, which is student's choice. Of course, my critique is that he did an awesome job, esp. considering he was playing a mature level-headed man - and what's exciting to me is I know he's got it in him, even if it is just a character! I didn't see the play with him as Prisoner #4 - but I'll bet he did that one great too. He finished out the week with Friday & Saturday night all night filming for "Lair Lords" (the BYU film). Big B picked him up at 4 am both nights. I am so grateful he's a morning person! Needless to say, D spent Super Bowl sunday sleeping. He is loving every minute of it which makes all the driving worth it to me.

No comments: