Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy in the Initial Post Wisdom Teeth Removal!


2 weeks ago, we had D scheduled to get his wisdom teeth removed, but I failed to remind him not to eat when he left for school - I erroneously figured that I was checking him out at 11:30, he wouldn't have eaten lunch yet. Nor did I ask him, but I wouldn't let him get a drink from the drinking fountain as we came in. You might have thought he would volunteer that he'd just ate. At least he told them as they were hooking him up. His lunch is at 10:50 - I should probably know that, but I didn't. He had proper teenage humiliation and quickly texted all friends to not bring him any get well treats. The following Thursday we returned with an empty tummy. They dug out his teeth and he was feeling realllly good on the way home, calling Emilie stammering out how great and easy it was "Oh and my mom thinks I might be really embarrassed about this phone call, do you think I'll be really embarrassed, I mean you could probably ask me anything right now" I could hear a lot of giggling. He had numerous friends bring him icees, ice cream, ice cream and more ice cream. It took him a couple days to be really miserable with B's stories of "I drove myself home. I went water skiing the next day. What's wrong with you?" He did manage to make it to an audition on Saturday, belt out 16 bars of "Go the Distance" and get a main part in the next Draper Theatre Production. It's all good.

No comments: