It's not that we haven't been up to anything blog worthy the last 2 weeks, I've just become so addicted to adding photos and I never even took my camera out of my bag.
Last weekend, B had his work users group meeting up at the Stein Erickson in Deer Valley. This is where his clients all come to hear the latest updates and things they are working on. They come from all over the country. Taz got a smoking deal because the Stein is under construction. All his clients loved it there, but I don't think they'll get the same deal again. I went up for a couple days to mingle with his clients and relax. I went hiking by myself one morning. It's 8500 feet up there and holy cow could I feel it. I got my heartrate up to 190! I was jamming to my ipod and all these songs kept coming on with lyrics that was exactly like the soundtrack to my hike. Like "Suprisingly good to be moving around" or "Don't you shiver, shiver" as I'm putting my jacket back on and I am shivering from sweating and cold air. Or "A spider web is tangled up with me, Oh no what's this? A spider web and I'm caught in the middle," as I am pulling spider webs off my face that I walked through. It made me think of "The Truman Show". It was awesome but a little creepy too.
D asked a girl to homecoming and it became quite a production too. It's so unbelievable the efforts these kids go to just to ask someone to a dance. He had 5 boxes with clues and toys in them to go with the clues. Then she came back and decorated his room with army guys (some of the toys from a box) and a sign that said "It'd take an army to keep me from going to homecoming with you". So yesterday I asked D when homecoming is and he didn't even know. I think he better find out.
We are now in the full swing of fall sports. Lelu is playing competitive soccer. So Sagan, as much as I prided myself on NOT being a soccer mom. I am now an official soccer mom. Another never gone down in history (I'll never have a minivan, I'll never have more than 4 kids....) Yesterday was a tough game because no one had mowed the lawn on the soccer field and the grass was about 8 inches long. The ball would only go about a yard every time someone kicked it and these poor girls were working twice as hard to run in it. Mr. T starts flag football this week too. One more year until he can play tackle.
All the coordinating it takes to get kids from place to place is exhausting. Do we do this because we all have dreams of producing another Steve Young, Mia Hamm or Shawn Johnson? I do like that it keeps the kids in shape, but sometimes I wonder.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment