Friday, October 9, 2009

Mr.T has caught Football Fever


Because he isn't old enough yet for tackle football, he played another year of flag football. At the beginning of the season, I won't sugar coat it- his team was Horrible! They didn't know where to run or who to block or even how to play the game. Last night was their last game, and boy have they improved. B usually takes him to his games on Tues nights. I call Tuesday, "Terrible Tuesday" because I am in my car nonstop driving to and from activities from 3 to 7:30. No joke! B and I even have to divide and conquer. Usually I take Ari to gymnastics and he takes Mr. T to football. A couple of days ago, he and Ari decided it was time for him to come watch gymnastics. Of course on the COLDEST night so far and I was still nursing a cold. Waa waa waa, I know. But I was so glad I went because not only was Mr. T responsible for pulling 3 flags, he made 2 touchdowns. The second one was from the other end of the field. It was super cute, because his teammate Gavin followed right next to him and blocked every kid from getting his flag. Yay! They get how to play the game! He was on fire and running faster and playing harder than I've ever seen him. It's all in his motivation. And no, I did not have the video camera (I NEVER have the video camera). D is a video camera hog with all of his important bloody and violent videos he likes to make.
Come picture day, we had just taken our family pictures where I learned that Mr. T has a "Chandler Bing" smile. Did you see the Friends where he and Monica were taking engagement photos and every time they'd say smile, he'd pull an awful fake smile? Well, Mr. T definitely has that curse! Anyway, I told him when he went to take his picture that tough football players don't smile, they look tough. So the individual photo is his "tough look" and then he couldn't help but pull his "Chandler smile" in the group photo.
Next year, when he starts tackle, my friend Sharon and I are lobbying very hard for B to coach. That way our best bud boys can play together and they'll get in some good play time too. It's a big commitment, so we'll see if he can tear himself away from work for a few months. D would have had a MUCH better football experience if he had B coaching him instead of Coach Evil. And I don't know if you all know, but B's helmet was retired and cut in half and is on display at Westlake High because he was such an awesome player - He CAN coach and coach well, I am sure! Stay tuned....








No comments: