Monday, August 27, 2007

THE LAST WEEK OF SUMMER!

Oh, where to begin? I hope my pictures speak 1000 words. It was an awesome week. We love having Dave & Shel & baby Tay come visit. I got to spend some great quality time with Tay because Dave & Shel entertained my kids (I'm a big bah humbug for Boondocks Fun Center too). I reminisced about how little I can get done with a mobile baby! Unless you are Mary Olsen or Melinda Christensen- Super Moms of the Century. This week included a night at Mom & Dad's, Movies, Boondocks, Krispy Kreme donuts, Bridal Veil Falls, 2 nights at the "Mountain Shack", 2 days at East Canyon Reservoir with a speed boat, Playing games - with me beating Aub at scrabble (the word "groit" not actually being a word!) and a funny Musical Theatre production. Oh and virtually no sleep for Dave & Shel (Tay missed his own crib)

Back to reality - school for half of us. The twins to start Friday, Aub on Tues. I love a schedule. Bedtime, getting up, homework, practice instruments, exercise, sports etc. Then staying up late and sleeping in becomes a luxury again. I like to keep simple luxuries. Until next time.....

3 comments:

Christina said...

Looks like your summer ended with a lot of fun and family. Little Taylor is so cute! Happy Birthday Ayden! I can't believe she is 10. She looked so cute in her 1st day of school photo. I loved looking at all of the pictures. I can't wait to visit the Shack, from the picture it looked cute. I love schedules too and can't wait until Wednesday for school to start.

Anonymous said...

YOU DID NOT WIN!
I won by NINETEEN points, "groit" was only twelve, and I was thinking of "spattergroit" from Harry Potter. So it IS a disease.

Anonymous said...

Silly Aubri, just admit defeat! Thanks for a great week. We loved being a part of the end of summer fun. Taylor is sleeping MUCH better now that he is home.
Michele