
D (with Landon as his shadow) wanted to prove to all the Taylor's that he was a Penguin and took a dip in Gem lake.(10,000 feet & snow still around) It was only an 8 mile hike round trip to this lake. We passed 5 other lakes on the way in. From my perspective - any one of those lakes were more "picnic and hang-out friendly" than Gem. But as B had to explain - the water at Gem is the prettiest and holds the best memories.

Jeff is in his element making pancakes in the High Sierra's.
We took a very quick (the drive wasn't quick, but I've decided not to dwell on that horror) trip to the Taylor's favorite summer memory maker. Michelle planned it way back when? Everyone but Paul made it up there. Some of the highlights were: J.D.'s creation of the Greatest Campfire area for making smores & hanging out; an amazing star filled view out the roof of the camper while falling asleep; discovering Mr. T's amazing fishing talent (7 fish); hiking up to Gardiski lake with B, Jeff, Brett, D, Landon, Wyatt, Mr. T., Joshua & Lelu; and Mono Cone. If I've forgotten anything - I'm sorry - I'm way behind in my posts and everything is blending together.
No comments:
Post a Comment