I was just called into YW for the first time a couple months ago as the miamaid leader. I was so excited. The girls are so great and I really like all the leaders. I was having a great time. So when I found "my home" it made me sad to have to leave my calling. So I sort of begged to still be able to go to girl's camp. I knew it'd be tough to move & then leave. But I really felt like I should go too. I am SO GLAD that I did. The last time I went I was 13. Our theme was We ROCK Zion"Rely On Christ our King". All the cabins had their own flag "The rock stars" ," The rockettes" etc. Our leader cabin was "The polished rocks". Our laurel president had just returned from Israel and had gone on the same tour as Melinda did. She did a slide show presentation with photos, music & scriptures of where Christ walked. It was amazing for a 17 yr. old girl. Our new bishop came down for the devotional and testimony meeting. He's going to be a great bishop. That's when it really hit me how much I'm going to miss our ward. I've watched most of these girls grow up and they are great examples for my girls. Let alone how much this ward has supported us through tough times. So far we haven't seen or heard from our new ward..... but I have faith this will be a good move in all aspects. I hope I get called into YW again. Sunday, August 3, 2008
Girls Camp at Zion National Park
I was just called into YW for the first time a couple months ago as the miamaid leader. I was so excited. The girls are so great and I really like all the leaders. I was having a great time. So when I found "my home" it made me sad to have to leave my calling. So I sort of begged to still be able to go to girl's camp. I knew it'd be tough to move & then leave. But I really felt like I should go too. I am SO GLAD that I did. The last time I went I was 13. Our theme was We ROCK Zion"Rely On Christ our King". All the cabins had their own flag "The rock stars" ," The rockettes" etc. Our leader cabin was "The polished rocks". Our laurel president had just returned from Israel and had gone on the same tour as Melinda did. She did a slide show presentation with photos, music & scriptures of where Christ walked. It was amazing for a 17 yr. old girl. Our new bishop came down for the devotional and testimony meeting. He's going to be a great bishop. That's when it really hit me how much I'm going to miss our ward. I've watched most of these girls grow up and they are great examples for my girls. Let alone how much this ward has supported us through tough times. So far we haven't seen or heard from our new ward..... but I have faith this will be a good move in all aspects. I hope I get called into YW again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment