

Last week over fall break I took the kids to see this exhibit. If you haven't heard of it. It is all human cadavers that have been "plasticized". Meaning: this scientist came up with a way to inject cells with plastic that preserves bodies in a way that they can be set up into all kinds of positions. It was SO COOL. You aren't allowed to take photos inside of there - so I got these off the internet. If you aren't squeamish - I highly recommend going to this if it comes to your area.
D is a typical teenager and thought it was cool until his next text message came in. Lelu was much less squeamish than I expected. She liked the babies the best. They have embryos on up to 30 week fetuses. Mr. T thought it was the world's coolest thing to see. Ari was quite bothered by how dark it was in there, the sound of a beating heart, the peeled dead animals, and thought it was more like a haunted house than anything and couldn't wait to get out of there. Until she found a plastic model (no human tissue) of the our insides that was a puzzle and then she liked that. They were all very interested in seeing a skeleton that I could show them all of the bones Aub had broken. I said I wanted to go back by myself to spend more time looking and reading everything about it and Mr. T said "Please mom, get me out of school to go with you, I want to go again too." And no one has had any nighmares either!
No comments:
Post a Comment