Sunday, December 21, 2008

I Love Thanksgiving!


I wish I had more photos of Thanksgiving.
I just didn't think to pull out my camera enough. We were so happy to host this year with Jeff & Christina, Landon & Wyatt with Michelle T too.
The day before is my favorite because I start listening to Christmas music while baking pies & rolls. Is there anything better than yummy smells with good music? Someday I think they'll add smells to movie experiences - come to think of it - that's one of the things I do love about the movies is the smell of popcorn! Lelu informed me that was one of the traditions she will continue when she's a mom (there aren't too many because she will do everything so much better than me, so I'll take what I can get) - BUT Ari WILL NOT! She will only start to listen to Christmas music when it is December 1st. And she was quite adamant about it too.
After stuffing ourselves, we headed over to Mom & Dad's to stuff ourselves more with pie, etc. Everyone was a good sport as I reminisced about my afternoon with Chris. Ahhhhhh, sighhhhhhh. Thanks for letting me!
On Saturday we went up to the shack and spent the night. There was exactly 1/2 inch of snow on the shaded road across the meadow from us & Landon, Wyatt, Lelu & the twins decided to sled on it with Uncle Jeff chasing them down the hill every so often when they went out of control. It was truly sledding on the mud! Christina & I stayed close to the fire reading & watching them sporadically. B & Jeff fixed us a yummy steak & everything sandwich dinner. Then we played "Settlers of Cataan". After 20 years, I saw a very backstabbing side to Jeff that I didn't know existed, it was quite shocking to me! I still haven't recovered from it;0.

Even after that shocking turn of events, I would still love to have them come up here every year. I will just be very suspicious of every move Jeff makes in board games in the future.

No comments: