Let me paint you a picture because I was honestly too frightened to grab a camera.
For the last 14 years we've lived here, B with the help of D, and now Mr. T, has been shoveling snow. No snowblower for him because it is "good exercise". With the storms we've had lately and last year, I thought it was high time to get one. I hid the big machine in the laundry room under towels. (B never goes in there, esp when it looks like every towel in the house is dirty). I got up around 6:00 and pretended to go out and get a drink of water, but I dragged it into the family room. He was impressed with my sneakiness! So after breakfast, he, D and Mr. T went out with their new snow clearing equipment (D & T got their very own shovels too). Let's just say, the wind was blowing hard and the wrong direction while B was trying to snowblow and he came roaring into the kitchen COVERED in snow, with red eyes (picture the abomidable snowman from Rudolph) saying he doesn't like the snowblower. (this is when I wished I pulled out my camera) I think he figured it out & he didn't take it back, but me, Michelle & Aub got quite the laugh at his expense.
I printed copies of my blog for each of the kids. It's the closest thing I'm going to get as a journal/scrapbook for a while. It was fun for me to go back and reread. I'm not sure how much they liked it.
Later we went to Grandma's house for dinner. Thanks to Roma & Mom! Michelle T. got me this fun game of cards, called Tabletalk, that has all these good questions to get good conversations started. We had a lot of fun with a lot of new topics and didn't even really give much attention to "He Who Must Not Be Named", except giving him that new nickname. If you want to know who that is - send an e-mail to me, Becca or Dad (we liked it the most). Did you know that Roma would love to go into space? I didn't and I wouldn't!
I'm going to keep my christmas music up on here for a little while longer, hope there's no diehards reading that have something against it!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great Christmas! I wish we could have been there. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment