Sunday, June 14, 2009

Another year goes by & I learned something new about my hubby!




This week I took the kids to the aquarium. Sandy city has a pretty sorry excuse for an aquarium - but when it's pouring, what else can we do? We lasted an hour there, 45 minutes of it petting sting rays. They have a gift shop in there and I have never been able to get out of there without dropping some cash. I preempted the gift shop purchases by telling them we'd get a puzzle and go home and continue to increase our brain cell activity by working on it for the afternoon. The biggest puzzle the gift shop had was 50 pieces, which would have taken up maybe an additional 15 minutes of our day. The first of my lucky breaks, not a dime dropped in said gift shop! We left the aquarium in search of a hard puzzle. Score! this baby has 1000 pieces and it's aquatic themed. The kids helped me get the perimeter done in about an hour and then disappeared. B came home from work and I was sitting at the table working on it and he sat down to work on it with me. To be honest, I really expected him to be irritated that I had it spread across the table. He does not like to play board games and I thought a puzzle would get the same reaction. NOT! B was like a dog with a bone on that thing. 6 hours one night, then a warning for me not to work on it without him, and then 6 hours the next night, 2 hours in the morning and we're done! B explained that he used to sit and do puzzles with Mimi at night. Happy childhood memories, ahhh. 20 years of marriage and I never knew. I guess we'll be on the lookout for some more good puzzles.
Friday was my b-day and D took the little kids shopping and they all spent their own money and bought wooden frames. They painted the frames and then each picked a picture of themselves to put in them. They are so PERFECTLY chosen to fit their personalities. Now I just need to get Aub to do one too. Aub came up and brought me jordan almonds from the BYU bookstore. In case you didn't know, that's where the best ones are! B, Aub, me and Mom & Dad all went out to dinner. It was a great day - even if my salmon was dehydrated - at least it was free. 40 is the end of the 30's, did you know that? so now I am IN my 40's....bummer

2 comments:

MSorenson said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! The kids are so cute. I love those pitures they gave you, but why are there lines over Lelu's picture? That's funny that B likes puzzles, I wouldn't have guessed it, but makes sense when you know Mimi did them.

White's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I didn't even know it was here again! I had a last min, family intervention, get on a plane to Cali on Friday! So to be honest I haven't really know what the date even was! Hope it was great! Lets get together and have a BIG DATE night again! We will celebrate BIrThdAy's! Nick''s is today! I will call you later! Miss you! --H--