Friday, June 19, 2009

D Finally gets his Court of Honor




Having finished his Eagle project almost 2 years ago and being a card carrying Eagle Scout for months (did you know they send you a real card?), we finally had the ceremony and he got his day in 'court'. Since he did everything in our old ward, we waited to do his Court of Honor with 3 other boys. 2 of them are Cherie's sons, so it was fun to do them all together. It made me very nostalgic for my old ward though. (sigh...)
I came up with the incentive for my kids (after Aub passed this age and I no longer had any power) that in order to get their drivers license they need to get their Eagle Scout or Young Women's medallion. It worked quite well for D. And I am so proud of him, because I can honestly say he did it mostly himself with just a little prodding from us and a lot of help from his great scout leaders. He's a great kid!
All of the mom's made treats for after the program. I decided to make snickerdoodles, since they are Mr. T's favorite and he's been begging me to make them. I only made enough for the thing and they fit perfectly on the platter, I wouldn't let the kids have any until after the program. Apparently they went really fast because Mr. T. ran over to me and said "Holy crap, mom you're the MOST FAMOUS!" If only....

1 comment:

gotta go girl said...

Tell D Congratulations! That is such an accomplishment! And I agree....the card is way cool!