Last week I was taking Mr. T and Lelu to the Orthodontist. Mr. T needs a spacer for a tooth that had to be pulled so the permanent one can come in. We keep checking Lelu to see if she's ready for braces. The last 4 baby teeth are very stubborn and won't fall out - so if they don't fall out in the next 6 months we will have to pull them. That will make 9 baby teeth pulled. Poor thing! Anyway, I brought Ari as an afterthought because I was worried about how big the space was between her front teeth. The ortho was quite shocked too, so we took an x-ray. The two teeth next to her front teeth were beginning to twist trying to come in. So he recommended pulling them together ASAP. SO we left with my littlest child sporting 4 braces. I threatened Lelu & Mr. T with their life to be very positive with her. So they said "Cute! You look cute". The girls in the office all told her how cute she looked and she left very happy. Her bff Aubrey (we call her little Aubrey) came over and said "Cool, you are so lucky! Come show my mom and sister". Now she feels like a little celebrity. It could have gone the opposite with her......she can throw a tantrum that can last a month if she isn't happy. I avoided a real headache, phew! The plan is to keep them on 2 to 3 months and then put in a permanent retainer to keep them together.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment