Sunday, November 8, 2009

I Finally Made it To Chaperone a Fieldtrip!

On Friday, the 2nd graders went on their 4th field trip this year. I promised I'd go on as many as I could and this was the first I could make it to. A couple weeks ago, they went out to Bingham Copper Mine. I was in CA for a couple days, so B went along for that one. This one was to a rock climbing gym. They are studying rocks, so this somehow supports that unit. Personally, I think it's a bit of a stretch. My twins assumed that they were going to be climbing "real" rocks and wouldn't believe me until they saw with their own eyes, the rocks were not real. I learned how to belay for the kids. I got some awesome callouses too, but at least no blisters. Ari is quite the little monkey. She has been blessed with some amazing upper body strength. B and D each have pull up bars on their closet doors. They are in some kind of competition to do more and more pull-ups. I think B is up to like 7 and D can do 9. I could be wrong by those guesses, so don't quote me. Ari frequently hangs on it and can do 12 pull ups. Mr. T tries really hard too. He isn't blessed with that same strength. I catch him doing push-ups all the time, trying to build it up. I'm sure he'll catch up someday with that kind of motivation. At the climbing gym, he had the advantage of monkey toes that can grip anything. His BFF Caden is also very strong and made it to the top of every climb he did. Most of the kids petered out quickly, so it was a proud moment to see Mr. T, Ari & Caden persevere.









No comments: