I'm so happy that my girls love Disney Princesses so much - but I think I've had my fill for awhile. We went and saw Disney Princesses on Ice with my friend Connie and her daughters Olivia & Ella. Ella is 3 and was singing all the songs & knew all the words - her mom said when she was pregnant with her little sister, she was so sick that all she could do was lay on the couch and let Disney Princesses babysit Ella. I didn't really believe her until now. The princesses were lip-syncing to the soundtracks of all the movies & Ari was SO impressed at how well they could all sing while skating. I had a little epiphany about the princesses too. I think men were creating the earlier ones - like Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty - those ones are all so SWEET & DEMURE. Then came Belle, Ariel, Jasmine, Pocohantas - and they are all tough chicks - I wonder who had the most influence with their creation - changing the images of Disney Princesses. Just a thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment