Friday, March 7, 2008

A Poor 15 Year Old is Tortured by Attending a Concert with his Mom!


Jeff Taylor doesn't know it, but he has an alternate universe - rocking out as the bass player for MatchBox 20

I gave D ticket/s to Matchbox 20 & Alanis Morrisette (6th Row) for Christmas. Dave informed at the time that it was extremely cruel to force a 15 yr old boy to go to a concert with his Mom. But because I love Alanis and D is not yet old enough to take a date, or in my opinion has any friends who can appreciate the 6th row and I live in a fantasy world that I am the coolest mom, I chose to ignore Dave! Someday, D will tell his side of the story - when he will tell me how he really felt. The concert was last night and for now he loved the concert! He even took all the "couples"(if you know what I mean) around us in stride and we rocked out. Yes, we really were very close to the stage!

Alanis may not have the stage presence or marketing of Celine Dion - but if given the choice of who I'd like to sound like if I was a rockstar - Alanis wins hands down! She has the most unique & talented voice I've ever heard! D was bothered by the fact that although he doesn't like her or have anything of hers on his ipod - he knew most the words to most of the songs. It could be because I've been playing them in the car since he could talk? She hasn't put anything new out for a while.



No comments: