Friday, March 7, 2008

A Summary of my Amazing Girl's Trip to Cabo San Lucas


That is Cherie & Christina, the brave ocean floaters! I did ride a wave runner out in the middle of the ocean, totally out of my comfort zone - I was surprised by how peaceful & exhilarating that was. (but I have to get photos of us from Cherie.......)




Yes, I did back into an 'invisible' post within 2 hours of arriving in Cabo! But I will not reveal who's finger that is ;) not mine! I only posted the pic, to show you how you should always pay for full insurance coverage on car rentals (which I did but have always complained that it is so expensive & we've never had to use it, until then) and how I did not let it even "dent" my trip.
I think I started dreamin only in green & brown, we ate so many chips with guacamole! Mmmmmmmmmm



We did Kareoke one night - this was "I love Rock n Roll" & we sang "Open Arms" which we all knew all of the words and experienced individual flashbacks of dancing to it in Jr. High! (for me it was with Craig St. Clair - he was a fox)

I will add pictures as I get them from Cherie & Christina - I'd swear Christina took over 100?



Ping pong was played after a day of relaxing by the pool/beach.
This year was the most fun & relaxing of all of our trips thus far (we've been on 6). Of course, we stayed a week this year as most of us have our kids in school all day. And the husbands - all of which are so cool they should be rockstars! - held down the fort. It helped a lot that my friend Kelly speaks fluent spanish and could translate all needs and desires and negotiations!
What a difference from Tijuana & Nogales! my previous Mexican experiences. I did spend an afternoon in Cancun on our honeymoon, but I don't count that as experiencing Mexico. We all laughed until we cried every day, played cards, ate authentic Mexican food (except Jodie who doesn't like it - she kept ordering a chicken sandwich:( ), stayed up late, slept in, read books, listened to ipods, chased whales on waverunners (there are photos) and ..........drumroll please..........WENT DANCING! If you want more details about that adventure - you'll have to ask me in person. It's PG-13 and this is a family blog. (except for that middle finger & the last paragraph)
If you are the least bit sensitive to racy terms, stop reading right now!
I was trying to come up with a word to explain how I felt lying in a hammock on a beautiful beach, with spinner dolphins putting on a show for us, blue blue water, 82 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, great friends all around, Coldplay in my ears ("We live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do"), and a slight breeze.
The word that jumped into my mind was "Soulgasmic". I hope we all have those moments of when you just feel amazed at the perfection of that moment - I love this new term and I'm sticking with it. So sorry if you were offended, but I told you to stop reading!



"This post under construction - but I didn't want to forget it all before I could post more photos"



No comments: