Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Day of 7th Grade & D starts 11th


But I have a Disclaimer for not posting a first day photo of D: He decided to take early morning seminary against my recommendation, so he leaves at 6:10 am. I do not wake up until 6:30 and even that is a difficulty for my "late night reading time". So the truth is I didn't get up or take any photos. I tried to get him to let me take them after school but he said that's being dishonest. Thus my disclaimer! This was of he and B playing thumb war and it's from this week, so this is what he looks like right now anyway.

Lelu is now attending the neighborhood middle school. She is very excited about not having to wear a uniform, but the crowds are a bit overwhelming to her. There are apparently 37 kids in her first class and 40 in another class. I am not too happy about those numbers, but it's too late to send her back to the charter school. She only knows a couple of girls at this school so this is going to be the year of making new friends. The first couple days she couldn't get her locker open because it was jammed. The school times their bells differently for 7th grade and then 8th and 9th, so they aren't all in the hall at the same time. But her locker caused her to be in the hall when the older kids were let out and she literally got knocked down and trampled a bit. Not so fun for the 2nd day of school. It's funny how many people comment to me that 7th grade was their hardest year. I've been telling her that the large majority of 7th graders all just want friends and to be accepted. Be friendly and accepting. But the fact of the matter is: Jr. High is the pits!

No comments: