Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Role she Was Born to Play
















Some little neighbor girls (the tall ones in the back) love acting and decided to do a little acting class in the neighborhood. They put together a production of "Alice in Wonderland". So my little Ari went to the class fully intending she'd get the lead role because "I look like Alice" and indeed she does. The big girls thought so too, so she got the role. I was very worried about it because she has selective stage fright. They practiced 4 hours a week for a month and took it very seriously. Thursday night we went over to the church for the big performance. It was very exciting for her. She totally got into it and played the total diva smiling and bowing etc. The big girls worked really hard trying to keep all these little girls remembering their lines and what to do for over an HOUR. I'm afraid I've got another thespian on my hands.
My kids had never seen Alice in Wonderland, so I went on a hunt to buy it or rent it and couldn't find it. The neighbors had a copy and so the twins watched it. Mr. T thought it was awful "mom they smoke in it and chop off heads, that is not a kids movie!" This from the kid who lives for Transformers and Pirates of the Caribbean. He'll probably love it when Johnny Depp is the mad hatter, but in a cartoon there's apparently a moral code to keep to.

1 comment:

MSorenson said...

So cute! She really is Alice.