
This year I'd been talking to my friend Kelly about going and she thought it'd be fun to take her girls Sierra & McKinley too. So we dressed them up and headed downtown to see "The Nutcracker" at Capital Theatre. One year, I took Becca and she couldn't get over the super revealing men's tights and now refers to it as "The NutPacker". I don't deny that there's not much left to the imagination - but the muscular butts on those guys............you have to appreciate those. Okay, so back to my little innocent girls enjoying these beautiful costumes and ballet dances. They loved it but I have to admit also did ask us if the men's tights were see-through because they could see everything.
After the ballet, we went behind the stage and had their photos taken with the sugar plum fairy & Clara along with the NutPackers (but they were well covered up by the girls in front of them). Next year, I'd love Ari to try out for the little "buffoons" who come out from under the big dress and do back handsprings across the stage. A friend of mine's daughter was in it this year flipping across the stage. She's a year older than Ari and goes to their school. The story of the Nutcracker has nothing to do with the birth of Christ, but I still really like making it a tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment