Alta High School wrapped their fall musical "The King and I". D played the part of the angry mean guard that held down the slave so she could be whipped for trying to escape (she doesn't get whipped in case you were worried). He was also really torn up about the death of the king too. I say this every play, but I can hardly believe how much time is spent rehearsing for these, but it is definitely worth it because they do an amazing job. On the final night, gma and gpa, Aub, and the rest of the family came to see the play. Our cute back yard neighbor - Linda - who used to hop the fence on a regular basis and come hang out (she's too busy lately) had the lead role of Anna. She did an amazing job too. There were only 4 male speaking parts for this musical so D was quite lucky to get a role. Everyone was supposed to be asian (except Anna) so they all either dyed their hair or spray painted it every night. D chose spray painting but made quite a mess of the bathtub washing it out every night. He and his fellow guards were all shirtless too so they were asked to get spray-on-tan's. I got quite a kick out of explaining the spray on tan process to him. You would have thought I was telling him how to dress in drag! By the final night all the asians were fair complected again.
Next up "The Crucible". Auditions begin in 2 weeks, keep your fingers crossed and good wishes that D get's a really large speaking part. He's definitely put out the good karma, time and effort for it.
1 comment:
I'm sad we missed this! I love "The King and I." It is really funny to see Dhane with black hair and eyebrows!
Post a Comment