Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ari Found My Camera & I Am Very Happy (Updated 1/10/10)




I have lost my camera & I am very sad (original date
I believe it to have disappeared into the black abyss of the Taylor triangle, along with the ONLY cordless phone, D's cell phone and my workout gloves. All of which the last place they were seen was in my house. I've been waiting to blog about my new Christmas traditions of "enjoying the spirit of the season" complete with photos I took of the first of these traditions. I will forget if I don't write about it - so no photos as of yet. Please say a little prayer I find it? THANK YOU FOR THE PRAYERS!



I tend to fantasize a lot about creating moments of love and togetherness............it goes something like this:

I planned to finish all of my shopping by December 1st in order to "just enjoy the season". I was finished in time and the first of my plans were to go see "Savior of the World" at the conference center theatre downtown. I bought tickets in plenty of time. The night was beautiful and we headed as a family downtown dressed in our best Sunday clothes. We ate dinner in the Joseph Smith building at the Garden restaurant looking out at the sparkling Christmas lights casting rainbows against the frest snow on the grounds of the Salt Lake Temple. The conversation was about our Savior and how grateful we are for each other and this season. We strolled around the temple holding hands with love in our hearts and kindness in our actions towards others. After taking a moment of silence at the Christus we then strolled over to the theatre. All 7 of us cried tears of joy as we listened and absorbed the message of this inspiring musical based on the life of Jesus Christ. In the car home, we sang my favorite Christmas songs and expressed once again our love for each other.




And then reality always sets in:

I got online to buy the tickets and they were all sold out because they'd gone on sale October 1st. I scanned the ads for someone selling theirs and couldn't find anything so I placed an ad saying I wanted some. This was really a bonus because the next day a BYU student called me & had 6 tickets he couldn't use and sold them to me for face value. BUT I couldn't get an extra one for Aub..... sad moment but I was still going to make the best of it. The night was FREEZING and we drove downtown at what I thought was early enough but all the parking lots were full. B drove around and found a spot while I tried to get our name in at the Garden. They could seat us at 7:30 (the show started at 7:30) The Roof could seat us at 9:30. So we ate at their little crowded cafeteria (I don't recommend the food!) Then we slipped & slided and froze our way through massive crowds to look at the temple lights. We shoved and pushed our way up to standing room only at the Christus with so many heads in the way of taking photos, it was useless. Once we nearly killed ourselves slipping down the sidewalks and got to the theatre, everyone there was dressed in Sunday best but us. The show began and Mr. T slid down into his chair asking me how long this was going to last, sighing and wiggling and humphing and hawing every time they broke out into a song. B was rolling his eyes and running his hands through his hair every time they broke out into a song. True Taylor's those two are through and through (as much as I like to expose them to music - genes are winning). Me, Ari and Lelu are crying after Christ is resurrected (thank heavens for my girls) and D leans over to me and says "Did you know Russel Crowe is going to be the next Robin Hood?" Pause..........huh?? A little sign of ADD perhaps? On the way home B and D decided to get into an argument about ?????? I don't remember what, but an argument nonetheless. I did get some really great photos that are lost in my camera.
And now found & posted!



Coming up next: My second attempt "A Christmas Carol" at Hale Center Theatre.

No comments: