Saturday, February 27, 2010

D's Debut - Rev. Parris in The Crucible

Let me just say - This was not an uplifting play, D was a hideous character, his sweetheart's date, Taylor, was absolutely your worst nightmare young girl and D's best friend Dallin was an awful judge (I wouldn't have even recognized him) - but they all deserved Oscars!  And I'm very happy to have got to know all these kids before seeing them in this play or I may have been very scared in D's choice of peers.  It was pretty much fatal attraction in the 1600's, with a lot of yelling.  These kids are like rock stars too and didn't even lose their voices.  Very impressive for high school kids!

D and I were ecstatic to have Dave & Shel make it up to see him, Gma & Gpa, Becca & Sagan, Roma, Michelle T., Cherie, B's business friend Wally, his salesman Paul & his wife, Our old neighbors The DeTienne's and D's YM leader.  He felt very loved!  Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

peglaree said...

I would SO have loved to come and see him in the play! Is there video? If so, maybe we can have a second screening for those of us who couldn't make it when we come up this summer!